Saturday, April 7, 2012

My daily routine

I remember having an assignment in my high school Spanish class. We had to tell everyone our daily routine in Spanish. Partly because the words we were learning were words like "shower, brush teeth, wash, dry..."

I'm going to tell you mine in English today, though. My situation is a bit different from most dancers. Most dancers have kids, school or crazy drug habits. I don't have kids yet, I'm done with school (til I figure out which grad school is worth my time), and I am not addicted to any crazy drugs.

Since I work nights, I sleep all morning. I usually wake up between noon and 2 p.m. I make sure not to sleep all day because sunshine is important for sanity. Trust me, there was a period of time when I didn't see the sun, and customers at work even noticed I was too weird. Being a vampire isn't all that glamourous.

After I wake up, I eat my breakfast which consists of something light and meatless, like fruit, yogurt or cereal with a bottle of water. I don't smoke cigarettes or drink coffee. They are unnecessary stimulants that ultimately make me look older sooner. I am lucky I never started those habits in the first place because I have seen people try to quit and it's not pretty.

After my morning meal I stretch my leg and hip muscles so I stay flexible. In my line of work, a more flexible dancer is a better dancer than one that's not.

By the time I'm done with my stretch, it's still the afternoon, which I use to clean my apartment, go grocery shopping, read educational books that were NOT assigned to me, play video games, go out with my friends that have the afternoon off... I LOVE having the afternoons to myself, but I will admit, sometimes I'm so bored I wish I had a part time job, but I know I want to dedicate my afternoons to my next big commitment, which will have bigger returns than any day job could produce.

Once 6:30 rolls around I'm hungry for dinner so I get cookin or I go out to eat, usually the latter because I'm not the best cook, I won't lie. Seems like everyone I know thinks they are the best chef in the world.

Once I'm done eating, if it's a work night, then it's time to head to work so I can get there early and sometimes catch a good wave of cash from whats left of the early crowd. I always do better on nights I show up early, hmm imagine that.

If its not a work night I enjoy my time "repairing my soul." I am a normal girl when I leave the club. I have my own life and it's nice to leave the job at work. I have very few friends from work, which helps keep my own life from getting sucked into the bad lifestyle often associated with "strippers."

I'm actually pretty happy right now. Since I sleep at the same time every night now, it's much easier to plan ahead, my meal routine is healthier, and I'm not falling asleep during the day.

Right now life is pretty good. :)