Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Leveling up

Yesterday was kind of surreal because I was up during the daytime.

On Sunday night, I didn't work and did some baking.  I made cookies and drank milk with them, and passed out at midnight.  I woke up four hours later, at about 4:30 a.m.

I couldn't fall back to sleep because my typical stripping pattern keeps me awake from 12-4.  I was working at that time on Friday and Saturday night, so I stayed awake during the wee hours of the morning, and watched the morning news reports.

I still couldn't fall back to sleep after 9 a.m.  So I figured I could go to school while it's still early and walk in and take care of any roadblocks with getting registered.

I say that the day felt surreal because I feel that way during my second wind.  That second wind overrides all that tired feeling I felt when trying to go back to sleep.  So does caffeine.  My school is teeming with vending machines full of caffeine-pumped beverages.  My choice of poison for that day was a Java monster energy.  There is no sleeping after knocking back a can of that rocket fuel.  

Since I drank the crank, I couldn't fall asleep even when the afternoon started sucking away that second wind.  I ended up going to a friend's house to shoot the shit, and took a 15 minute nap when I got home around 8, then stayed up til 2 a.m.  I almost couldn't go to sleep because that is when I'm working, but I knew I needed sleep and I eventually crashed out for about 12 hours.  Now I am "almost" back to normal.

So the good news is I managed to get through ALL my road blocks with school and now I have a perfect, full-time schedule for this coming fall semester.  Now the challenge is to pay for the classes.  Since I'm returning for a second degree, I'm not qualified for any grants or scholarships, which really is a drag, since I had a scholarship last time.  My only option for not paying up front is loans, and I don't want any more debt.  Interest is such a pain.

Guess it's time to shake my sweaty ass all summer long.  I should do buy one get one free lap dances. People can't say no to free.