Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sick Bitch

I had to take Saturday night off because I have a cold.  There are lots of reasons not to work when a stripper has a cold. 

1.  Smoky club - bad for the lungs.
2.  No guy wants to give money to a sick bitch.
3.  Can't drink alcohol while taking certain cough medicine.
4.  I don't get to sleep until 5 or 6 a.m. and that's just too much sleep time lost.

There are still more reasons not to work while sick, but those stand out the most to me.  So I stayed away from the club and I feel a little better, not getting over it as fast as I would like, but I can always work the day I start feeling better.

I hate taking Saturdays off but sometimes I just have to take a day off to get better.  I'm just worried about my bills.  I don't want to have to work during the time I give myself for school, but getting straight A's isn't putting food on my table.  I love being independent and I want to stay that way, and that includes busting my ass on the weeknights if it means keeping the electricity on.